I was recently offered a Pre Placement Offer from Innovaccer after my 2 months summer internship. Many juniors approached me regarding the interview process and preparation strategy, so I am publishing this article to altogether answer all common questions. Hoping, it would be helpful.
Innovaccer Inc. is a Silicon Valley-based healthcare company, founded by Abhinav Shashank, Kanav Hasija, and Sandeep Gupta that provides physician practices, hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare providers with population health management and Pay-for-performance solutions. Innovaccer also provides solutions for care management, referral management, and patient engagement. The company was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. (Source — Wikipedia)
Selection Process and Timeline
Applications for Software Development Intern at Innovaccer were out in November and I applied through the online portal — https://summergeeks.in/ and was shortlisted for the further process.
In the first round, an assignment was given which was to be submitted with full-working code and demo within a week. If interested, you can find my submission here — https://github.com/Manvityagi/Entry-Management-Software.
Within 20 days, I got the news that my assignment has impressed the reviewing committee and I was invited for the next round of interview on Zoom.
In the first week of January, I gave my interview and it went pretty well. After a few days, a short call with HR was scheduled, in which my availability for the internship and other relevant things were discussed and I was finally offered the internship.
What is asked in the Interviews?
As I told already, The first round involved making a web-app or android app with any tech-stack, if it is shortlisted, then only you move to the next round.
Here, I will tell briefly what all was asked in the zoom interview,
The zoom interview extended for more than an hour, and the interview revolved around many things which are bulleted below:
Questions about the assignment : Everything related to the project that was submitted in the previous round was asked and many questions around it.
Data Structures and Algorithms: Two medium questions — one from hashamps, and other from trees were asked, most optimized approach was expected.
Computer Fundamentals: Mainly 3 subjects: Database Management System , Object Oreinted Programming and Operating Systems. A few questions were asked from these.
Advice for Preparation Strategy
These are not only for Innovaccer but in general.
Students are mostly confused about whether they should focus on learning development or Data Structures and Algorithms/Competitive Coding,
According to my experiences, I feel one should be good at both, many companies focus more on proficiency in Data Structures and Algorithms, while many other focus on both.
So, my final advice would be
- Practice Data Structures and Algorithms from websites like leetcode, geeksforgeeks (My personal favorite is leetcode). You can also refer youtube channels like pepcoding or Aditya Verma.
- If you still feel confused, please see this video — CodeMap — Roadmap for coders, I am sure it will definitely help if you are confused with what to learn.
- If you want a community to learn along and want proper resources and roadmap to learn and code, refer this — Join Codemap
- The above 2 things are helpful for 1st/2nd year students and maybe for 3rd-year students.
2. Learn one skill — be it web development, android development, or Machine Learning, make some projects on it. Don’t try to learn everything, pick 1 thing, and master it.
3. Study computer fundamentals — DBMS, Operating Systems, OOPs, Computer Networks before your interviews.
I will write my internship experience in a separate article.
Thanks for reading, I hope you got to know about some important things.
If you still have any queries or feedback, feel free to comment here, I will be happy to help.